Thursday, May 5, 2011

Meijer


I have been wanting to price match (PM) at Walmart for a little while now, but anyone who knows me, and REALLY knows me, knows that I'm timid and I don't like any kind of confrontation. Price matching, at least the first trip, will have to be one when Kevin can go with me, just in case there are any problems. Kevin is the bargainer in the family and I literally have to leave the stores sometimes when he gets to doing his thing. 

I went to Meijer tonight for baby food. Beech-Nut is on sale, 10 for $4.00. I had 3 - $2.00 off 20 jars coupons that I used and bought 60 jars of food, 2 boxes of baby cereal, which I had 2 - $1.00 off coupons for and 6 extra jars of baby food, which I had 2 - $1.00 off coupons for. The last time I went for baby food, I ended up getting a jar free because the lady at the register rung something funky up, and I told her, but she said not to worry about it. Well, they got that money back tonight! 4 of the 7 coupons that I had, didn't scan into their system right, and because there was someone in line behind me, I walked out of the store without even looking twice at the receipt to make sure that it was right. Lesson learned! Two of the $1.00 off coupons scanned in at $0.40, and two others scanned in at $1.20 instead of $2.00. All together, it cost me an extra $3.60, which like I've said before, I'm not out to save millions, but as much as I can. So, I'm chalking it up to a lesson learned and will be more vigilant the next time I'm at the register and I hand over my coupons, even if someone IS behind me.

1 comment:

  1. a lot of stores have their registers set up so that your coupon will only scan at the value of one item even if it is off 2, you really have to watch carefully for that, you will do better next time.

    I haven't checked but I don't think that the Meijer's near me price match on grocery items.

    ReplyDelete