Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart Trip

First stop: Walgreens

Huggies Swimmers were on sale for $6.99 this week, plus there was a coupon from the paper a few weeks back for $2.00 off a pack, PLUS, the Walgreens booklet had a coupon in it for $2.00 off, making each pack $2.99! I picked up 4 packs. 

Retail (before sales and coupons): $35.96
OOP:   $13.92
Savings: 61%.  


With a pool going in tomorrow, I'm sure Kevin will appreciate no poopy in the pool :)


Next: Walmart


I price matched at Walmart for the first time and I have to say, with a VERY patient cashier, it went very smoothly!

I got 6 - First aid kits (travel section), they go for $0.97 a piece, and used 3 - $1.00 off 2 coupon, making them $0.47 each, for a total of $3.22 after taxes.

I price matched 4 - Duncan Hines brownie mixes, (Jewel-Osco flyer 10/$10), with the price match this made them $1.00,(they're usually $1.64) and used 2 -$0.50 off 1 coupons for each, for a total of $2.00.

I got 6 - KC Masterpiece BBQ sauces, they go for $1.67 at my store, (others have reported them at $1.39), I used 6- $1.00 off 1 coupons, making them $0.67 each, for a total of $4.02.

I picked up 3 - 10LB bags of Tidy Cats litter, they have been going for $1.87 per bag, but they have raised the price on them and they are now $1.97 a bag. I used 3 - $2.00 off coupons, and with taxes taken out from the overage, I got all three for $0.32.

I price matched 6 - Oscar Meyer Lunchables, (Jewel-Osco flyer 10/$10), with the price match this made them $1.00, (they're usually $1.58) and I used 6, $1.00 off 1 coupons, making these free, since there's no tax on food in Indiana. 

I also picked up 1 - Nexcare box of bandaids that are on Rollback at Walmart right now for $1.00, and I used $1.00 off 1 coupon, making them only $0.28 after taxes.

Finally, I picked up a FREE bag (regular price $2.76) of Oreida Sweet Potato Fries with a coupon that I received in the mail, and I can't wait to eat them!!

Retail: $41.55
OOP: $12.28
Savings: 70%


I was going to price match Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta as well, since I found those other 6 coupons, but my Walmart does not sell that kind, they sell the Healthy Harvest and the Smart Taste, so I will have to wait for another time to use those.

Final Trip: CVS


CVS had a GREAT deal on Purex laundry detergent this week, and as soon as I found out how good a deal it was, I ordered some extra coupons, since I only had 1 - $1.00 off 50oz+ Purex coupon. The Purex at my CVS is usually priced at $6.29 for a 32 load/50 oz bottle. This week's sale, had them for $1.98 a bottle (limit 4). I picked up 11 bottles, and did three transactions, and used 11 - $1.00 off coupons, making them $.98 each, a total steal! (I was really surprised there were even any bottles at my CVS)


Retail: $69.19
OOP: $12.30
Savings: 82%

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, now the question is do you have a spot picked out where you can display (or at least store) your ever growing stockpile?

    P.S. Purex goes free and cheap often, especially if you get the BOGO coupons that come out every now and then plus a while back they had 3-in-1 $1 off coupons made the trial packs free. We usually do All or Wisk around here and I usually stick to about $1 a bottle, next time message me first, I would have sent you my extra coupons!

    ReplyDelete